Believing in the presence of God, the value of human life and the dignity of the individual, the mission of Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc. as a ministry of the church, is to promote the well-being of older adults by providing residential, health care and hospice services.
As a ministry built on trust, Lutheran Homes of South Carolina will be:
- The premier provider of quality residential, health care and hospice services for older adults in South Carolina;
- A model for innovation and compassionate care provided by our caring, professional and competent staff;
- Committed to respecting and valuing our employees and our partnership in this ministry;
- Respectful of the dignity and worth of the individual;
- Financially strong due to disciplined operational and financial management and control, combined with the continued growth of the LHSC Foundation;
- Effective in the use of our endowment to address the needs of our residents, patients, clients, communities and services;
- Effective and disciplined in development of strategies that are responsive to the needs of the community; and
- Committed to providing facilities and services that are efficiently and thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of the community.
LHSC is a ministry of the South Carolina Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We demonstrate our faithfulness through the provision of programs and services that reflect our Christian heritage and commitment to holistic care for people of all faiths and beliefs.
We value and respect our residents, patients, clients, their families, our employees, volunteers, donors and other partners.
Our commitment is to continuously improve quality through processes that support the delivery of our care and services through teamwork, staff development and empowerment of our employees and volunteers.
We accept our fiduciary and stewardship responsibilities. We efficiently manage the resources of LHSC in order to be a financially strong organization. We utilize measurable outcomes and a system for reporting of progress toward goals attainment. We comply with all laws, rules and regulations and promote a quality living and work environment.
We adhere to our values and are honest and ethical in all communications and actions.
LHSC offers a continuum of care and services focused on the individual needs of our residents, patients, clients and their families.
Commitment to Employees
LHSC commits to provide its employees a safe working environment, competitive compensation, opportunities for training and development, and the leadership to achieve LHSC’s mission and vision for the future.
Strategic Market Focus
LHSC utilizes a disciplined strategic management process to implement planned development strategies based on current and future needs of our target populations.