Posted on November 3, 2020
- Administration for Community Living's (ACL) Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) Program works to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report fraud, errors, and abuse.
Posted on October 29, 2020
- October is National Audiology Awareness Month, and audiologists recently shared some important warnings for people who are living with hearing loss. Audiologists are health care professionals who evaluate, diagnose, treat and manage hearing loss. They prescribe and fit hearing aids and other devices. The American Academy of Audiology (AAA) recently reported that seniors who use hearing aids are being negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in several ways.
Posted on October 27, 2020
- This season, every sniffle brings a new level of concern. It can be hard to tell the difference between COVID-19 symptoms and flu. Here's a chart that breaks down the symptoms of each.
Posted on October 22, 2020
- After surgery or another medical procedure, patients often take part in a rehabilitation program to help them achieve optimal healing and function. Rehab helps them build their muscles, regain function, and cope with the emotional and cognitive aspects of recovery.
But what about before surgery?
Posted on October 20, 2020
- An important goal of healthcare organizations is to be sure patients get all the care they need. But there are times patients need less, not more, care, report experts from the University of Michigan.